Sunday 1 May 2016

Prism Candle Jar


     This months project for Altered Eclectics was made in the fond hope for better weather and outdoor dinning.
      It started off a nice basic glass jar that came with a handle already attached. I bought a bag of glass pebbles from a garden centre and began sticking them on to the jar.
     A hot glue gun is a brilliant piece of equipment, there are so many uses, from mending shoes to making your own embellishments, but for this project it was just for sticking the pebbles to the jar.
     I started at the top and worked my way down, trying to get an even look. When I got to the bottom row I had to select pebbles that were small enough to reach the bottom but not make the jar stand uneven. To finish off the top I have glued some garden string around the rim.
     I have around half the bag of pebbles left after one jar so I think I shall make another one. This one has some LED lights inside but to go outside I will put a battery tea light in it, so there will be no safety issues should it be left unattended. If you're planning a garden party these work out quite inexpensive to make and look great.
     We have some new DT members at Altered Eclectics so we have lots more inspiration for you on our blog, come and join us with your creations, we are anything goes as long as it's not a card or an ATC.


I would like to enter my prism jar in the following challenges:
A Beautiful Mess - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Decorate To Celebrate - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful bet it looks creat with candle in it with all the light bouncing from it - love it sweetie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great alteration...weather forecast looks set yo get warmer, so hopefully you'll get to use this gorgeous piece sooner rather than later x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will look great when we hopefully get some outside dining weather! Love the colours of the pebbles you used, Jane :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! very creative! Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. I hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a fun and great idea!! TFS and Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..wonderful Altered project...love the colors you have chosen for pebbles ..so refreshing..Thank you so much for joining us at A Beautiful Mess.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.