Wednesday 1 July 2015

Have Your Cake And Eat It


     Welcome to a new months challenge at the House Of Cards, this month we have a picture prompt or colour chart, if you wish you can use both 'Food' and the colours.
     I have had this House Mouse stamp for some time now but I still love it. Since I bought my Graph It alcohol markers I have been slowly working my way through the stamps I have that I can use them with.
     I have stamped on white card suitable for markers, then coloured the image, I think a little more practise with fur may be needed but on the whole I'm quite happy with it.
     Once the image was coloured I cut it out using Spellbinder Labels Seventeen, before removing the die I used Distress Ink Spun Sugar  to colour the edge of the panel, giving me a white border all around the panel.
     The pink pearl layer is also cut with the Spellbinder die, the image panel is mounted on foam pads on to the pearl layer. I have used some pink gingham card to make an easel card, so when I stuck my image panel on I made sure to only fix it on the bottom half.
     There is a small strip of pink pearl across the inside of the card with a sentiment stamped in Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid on a panel cut with the smallest die in the set, again I have used Distress Ink to edge the panel. This is mounted on foam pads on top of the pearl strip to help the card to stand up when displayed. For posting it is only two layer thick so it will still go standard rate.

fresh cut color
Use a Food image and/or the colours
  We are open all month at House Of Cards for you to come and join us,  there will be design inspiration popping up every few days on our blog just incase you should need it.


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Inky Chicks - My Furry Friend
PINspirational - Everything Is Better In Pink

23 comments:

  1. So sweet Rocky! I love that image and the fancy shaped frame, very unique and so pretty! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Rocky
    I love that cute Image and great coloring and lovely color combo too
    lovely easel card you have made...
    happy wednesday Rocky
    big hugs from me
    Monika (teammate)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Rocky! Love your take on the challenge and I have that stamp somewhere and clean forgot about it. Looking forward to working with you more often huni and happy to be on the DT Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rocky! I just love that cute little mouse! You colored so beautifully! Have a great day!
    Donna N
    HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This so sweet HoseMouse colored card. Like it a lot.
    (✿*‿*) Ma
    Teamie HOC

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute--I love the House Mouse line!

    Toni
    HOC DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image Rocky! Colored so fabulous and great fold on your card! Donna T. HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely DARLING, Rocky! I LOVE the sweet image and fun shape and fold! This is totally awesome! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute image and loving the creative easel card

    sue (HOC new DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the sentiment and image and the fun fold and the colors and...... what a cute card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rocky, I love this sweet little mouse! This card is just adorable and your coloring technique is amazing!
    Take care!
    Michele, HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so adorable! Awesome coloring and perfect sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. House Mouse is always soooo cute! Very nice card! Thanks for joining us at {PIN}spirational Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is the sweetest card ever! Love it! Hugs, Gracie / HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. How adorable!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, I love house mouse and you really colored this so beautifully. What a sweet card! Hugs, Barbara HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a sweet card! Jo x HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sweet, Rocky - the perfect picture for your sentiment! Hugs. Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so cute, Rocky! I love it!
    Hugs,
    Em
    HOC teamie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh those house mouse stamps! So adorable! Very cute card Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sweet easel card Rocky! Love the cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute!!! I want cake!
    Lilian HOC DT
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is super cute! I love that image. I feel like that to after a big piece of cake! :) Hugs! Katy HOC DT

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.