Monday 13 July 2015

Anniversary Hearts


     This weeks project for Creative Expressions is again using John Lockwood's stamp set Flower Hearts Elements, but this time the roses. It was my friends wedding anniversary last week so it's safe to show this now.
     I began with a white card panel the same size as a small DL card. I stamped a small empty heart in the middle on the right hand side, then I masked it off and stamped over it with a rose heart.
     Then I stamped two more rose hearts at the top and the bottom, with two empty hearts between them. All the hearts are in line because I followed a faint pencil drawn line which I later used as a guide for cutting.
     I cut away the card to the right of the hearts and backed it with some gold paper. I cut a Spellbinder border from the same gold paper to run up the left of the card.
     The hearts are coloured red with a Graph It alcohol marker leaving the empty hearts clear for words.
     The sentiment comes with the stamp set, it's embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold. The names are added using an alphabet peel off sheet.
     This whole panel is then mounted on a small DL card blank. Doing it this way means my alcohol marker doesn't show inside the card to spoil it.


Materials used 
CE John Lockwood Stamps - Flower Hearts Elements
CE Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder - Bright Gold


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.