Monday 20 April 2015

Nouveau Scribble Roses


     When I saw these stamps I thought Rennie Mackintosh, I love Art Nouveau so that meant a simple but stylish card. I hope to have achieved that with this one.
     It is a very quick and easy card to make, sometimes we need ones like that when we're caught out by a forgotten occasion.

     I have used a square of white card and stamped John Lockwood's Scribble Rose flowers in the corners, these stamps are available from Creative Expressions via your local craft shop.
     Once the flowers were stamped and embossed in Cosmic Shimmer Black I coloured them in with alcohol markers.
     Using a ruler I measured equally spaced lines to run from the flower to meet in the other corner.
     The image panel is then mounted on a white card blank that has had the edges coloured with the same marker as the flowers so it matches.
     This would also be a very good card for posting as it's only two layers and has no embellishments on it either.

Materials used
John Lockwood Scribble Rose stamp set
Cosmic Shimmer Black embossing powder


I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Allsorts Challenge  - Quick and Easy
Sisterhood Of Snarky Stampers - Quick



4 comments:

  1. Even with a ruler I can't seem to make a straight line. Thanks for joining us at Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our Q is for Quick challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh this is fabulous!!! Great job on the borders, I thought they were embossed at first! Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for our "Q is for Quick" challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really sensational, Rocky! Thank you for the instructions and the inspiration!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I tried to do this in ten minutes or less, I would muck up the lines for certain. :P I love the classy, art deco look of this! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.