Wednesday 25 September 2013

The Male Room flock


This time at The Male Room our challenge is animal, bird or fish. We would like to see anything masculine with this theme, card, scrapbook page or gift creation. Please pop over and take a look at the DT samples, they're all quite different so you may see something to spark your imagination, we'd love to see what you create.
This stamp is by Sheena Douglass, I bought it a while back but this is it's first outing, shame on me! It appealed to my sense of humour as my parents live in Wales and my friends surname is Ramsbottom, it was a 'must have' stamp for me.
This image has been stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black so that I could use my new markers to colour it. As you can probably tell I'm in need of practise with them so this was a nice easy start. I look at some of your gorgeous cards and wish I could get my colouring to look that good, I hope I shall improve with time.
I have coloured with greys and a little green, then outlined with a cool grey which looks more blue than grey but works well all the same. I found some green card that looked great as a mat but needed some texture, so it has been embossed with a Darice folder that looks like chicken wire.
Quite a basic card to make that could be used for any occasion. You have two weeks to make your creation so please come and join us at The Male Room.

3 comments:

  1. A card that's made me smile! LOve your image and GORgeous colours Rocky.. I'm sure Ms Ramsbottom will LOve it.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this card! Great to use such a striking colour in your farmyard feel embossed background, your colouring of the sheep is very subtle, and of course the sentiment is brilliant. Great for a male card, great for anyone!

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this Rocky
    http://agirlinparadise.blogspot.co.uk/2011/01/transferring-ink-to-candles.html#.UkWx_tKTxLU
    I've done a few..If you do color them in I suggest a strong color of Copic as anthing pale ends up very pale..If this does't help there could be a few on You Tube. {I tape my tissue paper onto a ordinary sheet of paper to go through the printer with masking tape..
    Hope it helps
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.