Monday 23 September 2013

Shabby and Vintage at HOC

     Welcome to my DT contribution for month three at House Of Cards. Each month we have a theme but each week we have a different style within that theme. This week it's Shabby and Vintage with a gorgeous colour palette of lilacs, purples and a splash of coral.
     For my card I've chosen to omit the coral and stay with shades of mauve. The background is a white piece of card inked with a mixture of Distress Inks Seedless Preserve and Milled Lavender, then water stamped with a Hydrangea flower.
     The doily is cut from mauve card with an X-Cut die, inked over with Adirondack Eggplant ink and decorated with Cosmic Shimmer Pearl PVA in purple. The silhouette is also an X-Cut die and coloured with Eggplant to match the doily, card edge and leaves, it is mounted on foam pads over a cream circle because it looked too dark over just the doily.
     The flowers are Hydrangea paper flowers I got at a craft show a couple of years ago, coloured with the same distress inks as the background and then dabbed over with a little mauve mica powder. The gems have been coloured with an alcohol marker so they tone in as well.
     Please pop over to the challenge site and have a look at the lovely creations from the other girls on the DT, I'm sure you'll find something to inspire you to join us at House Of Cards.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! LOVE the fabulous water stamping (still not my favorite...I'm gonna practice more) and I think the silhouette is definitely the perfect choice! HUGS and hope you have a great rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not very familiar with the vintage but I love it!
    Your card is really beautiful and the colors not very obvious to marry, works perfectly with the silhouetted portrait!
    Thank you verry much for the nice comment you left about my card.

    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.