Monday 8 April 2013

Pastel Birthday

   This card is a little out of my colour comfort zone so it was a challenge for me. Inkspirational are looking for pastel pink, blue and yellow in their card this week so I had to try it and this is the result.
    I began with a white piece of card and stamped a swirl on it with Perfect Medium and then clear embossed it. This was to keep my swirls white when I coloured the background with Distress Inks in Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw and Spun Sugar. I have also stamped the swirl around the edge of my card blank using Tumbled Glass.
    The background is matted with a small edge of gold to match the butterflies. As I had used embossing already I didn't want to emboss again and risk overheating my swirls so I used peel offs. If you put three identical butterflies together by folding them in half and matching up the wings you can get the centre one to stand out while using the other base halves to attach to the card. They will flatten in the post but they do spring up a little again once out of the envelope.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, the background is stunning. The flourish in clear embossing looks great and I love how you followed this onto the base card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful swirls and inking Rocky and the gold dimensional butterflies are so sweet, such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational again - even though this was outside your comfort zone - I'm looking forward to seeing you next time! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS. LOVE the gold details and I adore the fabulous butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this effect Rocky!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing use of the colors! That clear embossing is fabulous. What a clever idea! So glad that you joined us at Inkspirational this week!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Rocky. I love how you have used our colours to create a wonderful background. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational this week.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH how beautiful! I love the pastels and gold, especially those gold butterflies! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, love your card Rocky. I love butterflies and the butterfly is perfect over the embossed swirl. Lovely work. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational this week. Meighan

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.