Tuesday 25 October 2011

Just Rite at Jarrolds




This card is also made with Just Rite stamps and Spellbinder dies. Whilst the baubles really have caught my imagination this set will continue to be useful all year round.

Vintage Oval Labels stamp set matches Spellbinders Labels 6 & 13. Each set of Just Rite stamps gives you a list of the dies that it will match. There is quite a selection of stamp sets to choose from covering all occasions.

The main image was stamped in Archival Ink Coffee on a pearl cream card and embossed in Cosmic Shimmer clear. As this stamp needs the largest die to cut it out I used Sue Wilson's trick of drawing round the outside edge of the die on chocolate brown card and cutting it out by hand to get the mat. The corner stamp has also been stamped in Coffee and clear embossed on patterned scrapbook papers with a length of chocolate brown ribbon over the join. The rose is cut from the same cream card as the main image, then the edges are coloured with Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy. I have added a little bow under the rose and a couple of chocolate brown die cut twigs to finish off.

I'm not a bows and frills person but this card really looks better for it, I'm enjoying working outside my usual comfort zone. Let me know if you've tried these gorgeous stamps. I'll be demonstrating the baubles at The Suffolk Papercraft Show on sunday in Bury St.Edmunds so come and see them in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog does not allow anonymous comments.